In order to comply with COVID-19 public health directives, we inform you of the changes that have been made in our clinic as well as the logistics of the appointments to ensure the safety of all our patients and staff.
TO TAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Patients are asked to make their appointment by phone by calling 450-969-9595 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW LOGISTICS FOR YOUR NEXT MEETING • Due to the complex security logistics surrounding appointment management, it will be essential to avoid delays and to be present at the agreed time.• Note that the clinic bathroom is closed but that a bathroom is available in the common air upstairs.• When you arrive, go upstairs and sit on one of the identified chairs, located just in front of the elevator and the stairwell in the corridor.• Then call the clinic at 450-969-9595 to announce your arrival.
Entrance to the clinic:
- A member of the clinic staff will meet you at the time of the appointment.
- We will take your temperature with a contactless thermometer.
- A plastic box will be offered to you for placing your personal effects.
- You will wash your hands at the hand wash station
- You must respect the distance of 2 meters at all times. Stickers installed on the floor and posters on the walls will be placed to guide you.
- You will be accompanied to the operating room and you must keep your hands crossed to minimize the risk of contamination by touch.
- Once on the chair, a member of staff will ask you to rinse your mouth with an antiseptic for 60 seconds (or 2x 30 seconds) and review with you the Covid-19 screening questionnaire to make sure everything is in order.
Parents or accompanying guardians will be invited to wait outside the clinic. If for safety reasons or other valid reasons, the patient needs assistance, the accompanying parent or guardian can wait inside the clinic but must wear a mask. Only one accompanying parent or guardian will be allowed in the clinic. Departure from the clinic:
- When your treatment is finished, we will give you the plastic bin with your personal belongings.
- You will then be accompanied to the secretariat
CHANGES TO THE CLINIC COMPLIANCE WITH INTERIM RECOMMENDATIONS BY THE ODQ (Ordre des dentistes du Quebec) IN THE CONTEXT COVID-19 – ASEPSY AND INFECTION CONTROL
- The programming of the ventilation system has been modified to conform to the recommended standards.
- Addition of filtration units in treatment rooms with HEPA filter in order to optimize the reduction of aerosols in the air.
- The rooms and instruments are cleaned and sterilized before the patient enters the room.
- Between each patient, the staff will change or disinfect their protective equipment.
- When an aerosol-generating treatment is carried out, the personnel will wear gloves, an N95 mask, a visor and a protective jacket. A break time will be established between appointments to ensure that the filtration units can remove all the aerosols present in the treatment room. The targeted filtration level is + 99%.
- All clinic staff have received comprehensive training in the application of safety protocols.
- The appointments will be staggered to avoid the patients meeting inside the clinic.